The 12 in 12 Project
In 2013, I’m releasing 12 book-length products in 12 months. Eat your heart out, NaNoWriMo (heh). Naturally, I’m not doing this entirely on my own–I have the help of 12 in 12 Art Director Charlie Potter, many volunteer editors, a way of thought called Crash thinking, and publishers like Emergency Press and Timid Pirate, who are embracing the contemporary world of book publishing and backing titles in this project. Thanks to this fabulous team of people, I’m confident I can make 12 titles within 12 months.
Works Released So Far: 3
Adventures of Dogboy [ebook]
Dogboy is a hero of the 21st century.
He gets groceries, helps people figure out what bus they need, and recycles. He lives a life of thrilling adventure despite the fact that he is not a spy, celebrity, or race car driver.
This collection of short Dogboy adventures includes over 30 illustrations by Charlie Potter and guest stories written by Carwin Biloquist, Daniel Foster, Jason Radigan, and Dr. Tausch.
Spam and Elephants [ebook]
In this collection of quirky, short works by me:
- A pilot-in-training has a better chance of relationship success when he teams up with his future self.
- A woman’s relationships are strained because her brother inexplicably vanished into thin air when she was young.
- A struggling reviewer reviews people who walk by his window.
- A time traveler deals with the guilt of being at fault for his father’s death in another time line.
- In the near future spam is legalized and becomes the dominant form of communication.
- And more!
In Case I Die [ebook]
These are the things that I want to tell you, just in case I die.
In this open and honest mini-memoir, I share the strangest things that have ever happened to me. I’ve seen glowing balls of energy in my bedroom. I’ve successfully communicated with spiders. A god once told me of its existence. And I’ve even become a sort of god myself (though only for a limited period of time).
Works to Go: 9
- Just the War [ebook] – An edit of Tolstoy’s classic, War and Peace, with all of the peace taken out.
- Just the Peace [ebook] – An edit of Tolstoy’s classic, War and Peace, with all of the war taken out.
- Super [iPad version] – This is a release of the novel Super with interactivity added in, taking advantage of the iBook’s quiz functionality and more. To be released by the always exciting Emergency Press!
- okay cool ha ha [ebook] – A story told through an online conversation. I intend to write the first draft of this in one weekend as a community project.
- [An unnamed superhero anthology] [ebook] – A collection of essays and online posts from real life superheroes as well as superhero-related fiction, with the intention of exploring the boundary between the reality and fiction of superheroes. I’m accepting submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Profits will go to an as yet undetermined charity.
- Uno Kudo: Volume 3 [print] – I will be co-editing this volume, the third in an annual installment of fabulous fiction paired with tremendously appealing art, in the same vein as Volume 1: Ripped and Volume 2: Naked. Accepting submissions at email@example.com. Profits go to well-known charities!
- [An unnamed time travel novella] [ebook] – An original story that I intend to write the first draft of in one weekend. It’s about a time traveler forced to relive the same moment over and over again.
- Married [ebook] – A book about the small things related to being married that no one talks about. (I got married in January of 2012.)
- [An undetermined twelfth project] – I’m choosing between several possible projects, but I’m also open to suggestions. I’d especially love to do something with a focus on sustainability.