The 12 in 12 Project
In 2013, I’m releasing 12 book-length products in 12 months. Eat your heart out, NaNoWriMo (heh). Naturally, I’m not doing this entirely on my own–I have the help of 12 in 12 Art Director Charlie Potter, many volunteer editors, a way of thought called Crash thinking, and publishers like Emergency Press and Timid Pirate, who are embracing the contemporary world of book publishing and backing titles in this project. Thanks to this fabulous team of people, I’m confident I can make 12 titles within 12 months.
Works Released So Far: 6
Adventures of Dogboy [ebook]
He gets groceries, helps people figure out what bus they need, and recycles. He lives a life of thrilling adventure despite the fact that he is not a spy, celebrity, or race car driver.
This collection of short Dogboy adventures includes over 30 illustrations by Charlie Potter and guest stories written by Carwin Biloquist, Daniel Foster, Jason Radigan, and Dr. Tausch.
Spam and Elephants [ebook]
In this collection of quirky, short works by me:
- A pilot-in-training has a better chance of relationship success when he teams up with his future self.
- A woman’s relationships are strained because her brother inexplicably vanished into thin air when she was young.
- A struggling reviewer reviews people who walk by his window.
- A time traveler deals with the guilt of being at fault for his father’s death in another time line.
- In the near future spam is legalized and becomes the dominant form of communication.
- And more!
In Case I Die [ebook]
These are the things that I want to tell you, just in case I die.
In this open and honest mini-memoir, I share the strangest things that have ever happened to me. I’ve seen glowing balls of energy in my bedroom. I’ve successfully communicated with spiders. A god once told me of its existence. And I’ve even become a sort of god myself (though only for a limited period of time).
Super [iPad version]
The iPad version of my novel, Super (published by Emergency Press), is the same as the original novel except that it’s been highly enhanced with interactive features (like quizzes and infographics), color images, links to supplemental web content and freebies, and more! Preview the iPad version here.
Uno Kudo: Volume 3
Uno Kudo is a literary and arts publication that features significant new words and art from a diverse array of contributors, presented in expressive and luscious layouts. This volume includes literature from Kristine Ong Muslim, Marvin Waldman, Meg Tuite, and Heather Dorn, as well as art from Ramona Zordini, Victor Castillo, Deedee Cheriel, and Jeremy Geddes. This project was lovingly put together with Art Director Erin McParland, Co-Editor-in-Chief Bud Smith, and many others, and the proceeds will go to a worthy charity organization!
Ka-Pow! is a collection of fiction and non-fiction superhero tales produced to raise money for the Foundation for Sustainable Development. I worked with Timid Pirate Publishing to put together this star-studded anthology at a critical time in which superheroes are taking over screen, stage and page, and even walking among us on fully-costumed patrols. There are contributions from established and new fiction writers (Erin Parker, Vincent Truman, Meg Tuite, Bud Smith, and Matthew Guerruckey to name a few), teachers (Wendy Kennar and David S. Wills), real-life superheroes (SkyMan, Phoenix Jones, and Thanatos Necrium to name a few), an excerpt from journalist Tea Krulos’ Heroes in the Night, and more!
Works to Go: 6
- Just the War [ebook] – An edit of Tolstoy’s classic, War and Peace, with all of the peace taken out.
- Just the Peace [ebook] – An edit of Tolstoy’s classic, War and Peace, with all of the war taken out.
- okay cool ha ha [ebook] – A story told through an online conversation. I intend to write the first draft of this in one weekend as a community project.
- [An unnamed time travel novella] [ebook] – An original story that I intend to write the first draft of in one weekend. It’s about a time traveler forced to relive the same moment over and over again.
- Married [ebook] – A book about the small things related to being married that no one talks about. (I got married in January of 2012.)
- [An undetermined twelfth project] – I’m choosing between several possible projects, but I’m also open to suggestions. I’d especially love to do something with a focus on sustainability.